Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Moment for a Random Thought

These are the things that circle my mind sometimes...this is tonight's quandary:

I checked out a new restaurant tonight (Arc) which I highly recommend by the way, where they only serve three types of meat; their menu reads "Duck, Pig, Steak."  Yes, it's unusual that they called the pork dish, "pig" but more importantly, it got me thinking... on a menu, a dish will be listed by the type of animal, for example, chicken, fish or duck.  How come beef is not called what it is?  Cow.  Why does the cow get such special recognition for its meat?  When we ordered our steak tonight, we didn't say, "We'll have the cow"?  And shouldn't this restaurateur keep it's menu consistent and have it read "Duck, Pig, Cow" instead?

(all this is reminding me that I'm eating animals.  blagh.)

That is all for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment